Hunter Architects & Planners - giving something back
Trying to do our bit
We are not a big company and we don’t have a dedicated Corporate Social Responsibility department however we do care about the community we live in and the people we live with. For this reason we take pride in giving something back, not because we have to, or it makes us look good, but because we think it is the right thing to do.
Our hope is that by telling a little more about what we do, it will inspire and motivate more people to do their bit too.
What we do and who we’re supporting
At Hunter Architects & Planners we care about the impact we have and this informs how we operate. Our Environmental Strategy page outlines our approach to sustainability and the built environment. Outside of specific building projects our Team:
- support national and local Charities, including holding Ask an Architect sessions, raising monies for a local school PTA. In the last couple of years we have raised almost £2500
- sit on the national RIBA Planning Group which provides an expert knowledge resource to support the RIBA’s policies, actions and guidance on planning matters both at a practice level and at a strategic level
- has been a part of the RTPI Policy Practice & Research Committee, which oversees the Institute's work on promoting planning on the national stage. It provides an input into policy discussions at a national level which affect planning and it seeks out and promotes good planning practice.
- has been a member of the Southway Housing Trust Development Panel, which supports the Housing Association's substantial and ambitious development programme; ensuring developments meets the needs of residents and provide affordable, high-quality secure homes in a cleaner and greener environment.
- are encouraged (including with flexible working arrangements) to take an active role in their local community, including school PTA and various sporting and charity events.